managesieve user and password

2001-09-29 12:55:59
I have installed emacs-sieve and gotten it up and running.

I set the sievedir variable in imap.conf

I even set a varaible for the local user.

However, every time I try to use sieve-manage the following occurs:

server: localhost

managesieve user: art

managesieve password: <plaintext password>

"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v1.0.0"
"SASL" "PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
regex"
OK
AUTHENTICATE "CRAM-MD5" ""
{36}
PDI5MDg2MDcxNDQuMTE5MzcxOTNAcnR2Pg==
"YXJ0IDRiODlmZmRlYTZkMWQ0NjM4ZGUzODgwYmZkOWY3OTgw"
NO ("SASL" "authentication failure") "Authentication error"

I have cyrus-sasl

user art realm localhost is in sasldb

user art has DIGEST-MD5, CRAM-MD5, and PLAIN passwords

art can use thes to authenticate to the IMAP server (cyrus-imapd
(2.0.16))

But, as tou can see I am being rejected with:
NO ("SASL" "authentication failure") "Authentication error"

Any help would be appreciated.

Regard,

Art Vossberg

--
The information contained in this message is privileged and confi-
dential. If you have received this message in error, please notify

Arthur E. Vossberg III
1100 Buckingham Way
Yardley, PA 19067
Telephone: +1 215 295 8207

For secure transmissions over the Internet,
please use the sender's gpg public key:

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (SunOS)
Comment: Issued by art(_at_)rtv(_dot_)AWOLart(_dot_)com
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