Re: Error in rfc3028? Only one elsif allowed per if?

2002-08-12 14:27:03

I think the intent is clear (i.e., same as perl or Bourne shell), but
the text is murky at best.  I'm not sure I want to defend the semantics
so that we get the right meaning--it's not worth it and I might lose.
:-)

I'll try to fix it in the next iteration.  Unfortunately since
if/elsif/else has been abstracted out of the grammar, the usual ways of
expressing them are not available.

If the intent isn't clear, you can have exactly one if clause, zero or
more elsif clauses, and zero or one else clause, in that order.

That is, If MAY be followed by an elsif or else clause.  Elsif MAY be
followed by an elsif or else clause.  Elsif MUST follow an elsif or if.
Else MUST follow an elsif or if.

Tim