Re: Expiring/deleting old mail

2004-03-17 07:50:44

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

I'm sorry, but these are simply folder-level attributes crammed in at the
message level because that's the mechanism sieve provides. But calling them
message atributes doesn't change their nature.

I agree on the last one -- but message annotations can also be "this
message expires on date xyz" which is not necessaraly related to when the

Of course they can, but this is just the per-message way of doing it,
rather than the per-folder way.

Though I also agree that the sanest way to do this is just with a
folder-wide attribute in IMAP, and leave sieve out of it.

In other words, there are two fairly different models for how to handle
expirations in a message store, and we need to pick the one that makes the most
sense. Doesn't this sound like something store implementors might want to have
a wee bit of say in?