Re: running a script after a certain delay

2004-11-19 07:31:22

Thoralf Will writes:
Currently we are using a combination of cron and reply-o-matic but it's really far from being perfect.

I suggest using procmail to weed away FROM_DAEMON mail etc, then formail|at to do the reply. Something like this should construct a nice autoreply and delay sending the result:

( echo '/usr/sbin/sendmail -t' ; formail -rt ; cat boilerplate ) | at +12hours

Now, in sieve, assuming this sort of thing were to be done in sieve at all, wouldn't it be natural to do it with an RFC2852 argument for the vacation extension?

Arnt