Re: sieve WG charter

2005-07-01 18:43:17

Cyrus Daboo <daboo(_at_)isamet(_dot_)com> writes:
Things we need to do:
- Finish off last call and IESG submit of editheader and body drafts.

I believe draft-ietf-sieve-editheader-01.txt is ready to be submitted.
I-D nits catches a few whitespace and line length ticks but nothing
substantive.

'body' will need one more rev to line up with the base-spec revision on
charset conversion requirements.  Once it appears that that issue is
settled in 3028bis, I'll submit body-02.  That should then be ready to
submit to the IESG.

- Last call 3028bis.

Expect a new rev early next week.

Changes from draft-ietf-sieve-3028bis-02.txt
 1. Change "ASCII" to "US-ASCII" throughout
 2. Tweak section 2.7.2 to not require use of UTF-8 internally and
    to explicitly leave implementation-defined the handling of text
    that can't be converted to Unicode
 3. Add reference to RFC 2047
 4. Clarify that capability strings are case-sensitive
 5. Clarify that address, envelope, and header return false if no
    combination of arguments match
 6. Directly state that code that isn't reached may still be checked
    for errors.
 7. Invalid header name syntax is not an error
 8. Remove description of header unfolding that conflicts with
    [IMAIL]

On the issue of unknown envelope-part names, it sounded like the
consensus was to make them an error (...and encourage the Cyrus people
to whip up an 'envelope-auth' draft...), yes?

Philip Guenther