Re: 3028bis open issue #3: require 2047 decoding?

2005-07-02 22:40:44

Barry Leiba <leiba(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> writes:
Ned Freed wrote:
Thought I sent a note about this, but cannot find it... Anyway, I
think this is fine, although I'd be tempted to out "treat as plain
US-ASCII" first on the list.

Definitely first on the list.  <...>

Okay.  I have reordered the list so that the sentence now reads:

   Text that the implementation cannot convert to Unicode for any reason
   MAY be treated as plain US-ASCII (including any [HEADER-CHARSET]
   syntax), omitted, or processed according to local conventions.

Philip Guenther