Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-rfc3598bis-01.txt

2005-09-14 07:23:55

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-rfc3598bis-01.txt

This draft addresses all my issues but one I had at the very beginning:

Why must the subaddress be a literal string and why must there be a
separator character sequence? Can't we just say: The encoding of user
and detail is site-specific?

VERP encodes a full local part in the detail and it would be nice if
Sieve could be used to process the bounces by decoding the address and
allowing comparisons against the decoded detail part.

Using anonymous mail addresses may be an application where user and detail
part are encrypted to form the resulting address.  To me, letting the
subaddress extension decrypt the address on the receiving system sounds
very useful.

Michael