Re: Draft minutes from Vancouver

2005-11-25 07:12:29

Michael Haardt wrote:

8) Do we want to allow suppression of identical notifications?

Greg: the answer might depend on whether we need to provide confidentiality. No consensus was reached, so the discussion should continue of the mailing list.
Greg: Please elaborate.  What do you mean by "confidentiality" in this
context?

Are "identical notifications" multiple executed notify actions with
identical parameters in one script? Like:

notify :method "mailto:user(_at_)example(_dot_)com";
notify :method "mailto:user(_at_)example(_dot_)com";
Yes (when all parameters are the same after performing variable expansion, if variables are also used).

If the method is required,

It is not.

and notify is a noop if none is given, then
why the tagged argument and not a positional argument? Just curious.
I was trying to keep backward compatibility with the deployed code.