Re: draft-ietf-sieve-rfc3598bis-03

2006-04-20 12:49:02

Mark E. Mallett wrote:
On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 08:55:22PM +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Ken Murchison wrote:

I just submitted the -03 draft of subaddress. The full text can be found here:

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~murch/draft-ietf-sieve-rfc3598bis-03.txt

The diffs from -02 can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/ogo9p
Folks, please review the updated document by the end of this week.
If no significant issues are raised this week, Cyrus and I are planning to submit the document to IESG early next week.

Hi

I thought that this was a misstatement:

1.  Introduction

   Subaddressing is the practice of augmenting the local-part of an
   [RFC2822] address with some "detail" information to indicate that the
   message should be delivered to the mailbox specified by the "detail"
information.

A subaddress doesn't really imply any particular handling, like filing
mail into the mailbox with the detail name (indeed none of the script
examples do that).  Maybe more like

    Subaddressing is the practice of augmenting the local-part of an
    [RFC2822] address with some "detail" information in order to
    give some extra meaning to that address.

I had actually thought about making a chance such as this, but forgot to do so. I can go ahead and make the change if the WG agrees.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer