Re: I can not filter emails with words with accents

2006-06-15 03:50:27

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 11:43 +0200, Sebas PRE wrote:
I would like to create a sieve filter to deliver to a folder all mail with
"leído:" in the Subject: header, but it does not work.

Sieve does not seem to detect words with accents. Does it exist any workaround
to this problem?

this is a bug in the implementation of Sieve you're using.  I see you're
using IMP, so it's probably Cyrus.  I myself have had problems with
non-ASCII not matching in Cyrus IMAPD 2.2.12, but I have never started
digging for the error.  in any case, that is better discussed on the
info-cyrus mailing list.

Sieve *does* have a problem with the wildcard '?' matching accented
letters, or rather, it's very inconvenient to write the script right.
it doesn't sound like this is your problem, and I guess it's not so
common to use it for more than

  if header :matches "Subject" [ "Vi?gr?", "V?agr?" ]

:-)
--
Kjetil T.