Re: Multiple tagged arguments with the same tag?

2006-07-25 09:10:31

On Sat, 2006-07-22 at 16:24 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:

A simple question: Are multiple tagged arguments with the same tag
allowed?

My implementation checks and disallows them.

okay.  the current draft also says "These next tokens [after the tagged
argument] may be numbers or strings but they are never blocks."  this
seems to imply string lists are allowed, but it's not quite clear to me.

I see no reason not to allow string lists as paramater arguments. My
implementation certainly allows them.

if we rule out

  someaction :recipient "one" :recipient "two"

it would be useful to allow extensions to do

  someaction :recipient ["one", "two"]

Agreed.

                                Ned