Re: List of open issues with Sieve reject draft

2006-10-28 23:06:17
On 7/18/06 1:36 PM, and at other times, Kristin Hubner wrote extensively about 1l8n, and pushed for :exacttext or something like it.

Kristin, will you be at IETF 67? Alexey and Randall Gellens (and I, if I attend), will be getting together to discuss :exacttext. (See attached email (which I trust they don't mind me sharing) for discussion points.) I'm thinking it would be good if you could attend.

My own view was last expressed: "The /i18n/ solution is complex, but it does seem to be the simplest solution given the constraints." As much as I hate permitting MDNs and DSNs, I have a hard time imagining telling a Chinese, say, that he can't communicate in his own language, and not feeling ridiculous.

I do wonder if punycode couldn't be an alternative. I am really loathe to allow any unnecessary blowback. (Incidentally, I personally have been receiving huge amounts of blowback over the past month or so.)

--- Begin Message ---