Suggested minor change to 3028bis13: missing reference

2007-12-25 05:40:33

Hello,

I hope I am still somewhat on time for the following suggested minor change to the 3028bis specification. It regards the encoded-character extension of section 2.4.2.4 again.

When I had a look at the ABNF specifications for the hex and unicode encodings, I was a bit puzzled about where to find the specifications of WSP and HEXDIG respectively. Luckily, I was able to find these eventually in the ABNF specification of RFC4234. Although this RFC is (of course) referenced as [ABNF] for sections 8.1 and 8.2 regarding the lexical tokens and grammar of Sieve, it is missing in section 2.4.2.4. The WSP and HEXDIG specifications are used nowhere else in the document and it might not be clear (to the novice specification reader) where these might be found.

So, it might be useful to add another reference to [ABNF] in section 2.4.2.4.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan(_at_)rename-it(_dot_)nl