Re: WGLC on draft-freed-sieve-ihave-02.txt

2008-09-10 07:20:00

Arnt Gulbrandsen schreef:

Stephan Bosch writes:
Given the fact that most extensions introduce new language elements, the compiler must have some means of ignoring/discarding the regions of the script that need the obscure extensions.

Most extensions do not extend the grammar. They only add new commands, tests, etc., which follow the basic Sieve grammar.
That is what I mean with new language elements. I am not talking about the parsing stage of the compiler, but rather contextual analysis and code generation.