Re: [draft-freed-sieve-in-xml-02] Emphasis Whitespace Preservation

2009-01-30 14:22:50

Also, the RFC Editor will want to add Oxford commas and quotes around
"str", "num", and "tag" for clarity :-)

Yes, I'm well aware of the RFC Editor's fondness for Oxford commas, so I try to
include them when I'm writing specifications even though I generally don't use
them in other contexts. If you spot any place I've left out one of these commas
let me know and I'll insert it. (Minimizing the number of changes the RFC
Editor does makes the AUTH48 process go smoother.)

As for Oxford quotes, I'm not entirely clear on the convention the RFC Editor
prefers, so I looked at a few published RFCs. It seems the general idea is to
quote it the first time it appears (but not counting an appearance in a section
title) but not subsequently. I'll try and follow that practice in the next
revision.

                                Ned