Re: [draft-melnikov-sieve-external-lists] 2.4 Proposed Error Handling Clarifications

2009-08-01 03:20:33

Hi Robert,

--On July 31, 2009 10:07:06 AM +0100 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm sure there will be a summary in the WG minutes, when they're done.

i'm sure that there will

it would have been polite to inform the mailing list that changes - of
a fundamental nature - had been agreed at the meeting, and that any
discussions on - or analysis of - the recently posted draft 00 would
be wasted

Note that an agenda for the meeting was posted to the list in the week prior to the meeting for feedback and to give participants a heads-up on what is going to be discussed. Minutes for the meeting will be available in the next few weeks. In the meantime there are jabber logs and audio recordings that can be used to check on what happened.

In general I would suggest that if you do plan a detailed review of a document (not prompted by say a WG last call), that it makes sense to first contact the authors either directly or via the list to check on the status of the document to make sure there are no queued up changes that may be of significance. That is certainly advisable at around the time of an IETF meeting where drafts are often updated.

In any case, your feedback on this and other documents is appreciated. If you do think that changes to the WG process are needed, it would probably be best to bring that up on the general IETF discussion list or the apps area list as I don't think this WG behaves much differently from many others.

--
Cyrus Daboo