[sieve] [Fwd: [RFC Draft] A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts]

2009-09-07 05:47:16
Forwarding with author's permission. This is indeed a bug that I will try to fix during AUTH48.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

The RFC draft "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts" is available at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-martin-managesieve and http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sieve-managesieve. The latter appears to be the latest version available, and has not yet been promoted to a full-fledged RFC. If that is the case, in latest revision (09: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sieve-managesieve-09), the "Formal syntax" chapter (section 4, page 32) indicates:

QUOTED-CHAR           = SAFE-UTF8-CHAR / DQUOTE QUOTED-SPECIALS

I may be wrong, but shouldn't it be

QUOTED-CHAR           = SAFE-UTF8-CHAR / "\" QUOTED-SPECIALS

as last seen in previous draft revision (06: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-martin-managesieve-06) ?

Hope it helps.

PS: I'm not used to comment on RFC drafts, but I didn't find the proper way to do this if not by contacting its authors directly. If there is a better way, do not hesitate to tell me.

--- End Message ---