Re: [sieve] require [""]

2009-12-13 12:49:46
Hello,

Is the following action valid, or not:

    require [""];

That depends on what you mean by "valid". It's syntactically valid AFAIK so it
should not result in a syntax error. However, section 3.3 makes it pretty clear
that each argument to require is the name of an extension, and since there is
no registered extension with a blank name (and we'd probably never allow the
registration of such a thing), section 2.10.5 of RFC 5228 requires that the
script not execute. In our implementation at least while the error message is
different, there's not a lot of resulting behavior difference between a
syntactically invalid script and one that requires an unknown extension.