Re: [sieve] Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-seconds-00

2010-09-28 09:25:48
Hi,
Some comments on draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-seconds-00:

Section 2: a maximum of 2**31 seems a little excessive. Also, the base vacation spec does allow sites to override the maximum value (:days MUST be
7, SHOULD be > 30). I think it makes sense to at least allow a similar
maximum limit for :seconds. I would suggest MUST be >= 86,400 (1 day).

Section 2: base vacation spec does not allow a minimum of zero. Why do we allow it here? If it is OK here, perhaps we should add some text calling this out as one key difference from the base vacation behavior.

Section 4: Second sentence seems a little weak. It only says implementations "SHOULD consider the number of auto-replies ... generated". It does not state why that is important, or what might be done to alleviate any problem related to it. So I think we need some more text here.

Section 5: Please change the contact email to <sieve(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>.

--
Cyrus Daboo