[sieve] Sieve-in-XML MIME type and file extension

2010-10-26 15:09:35
Hi,

I was just reading through the Sieve in XML spec in RFC 5784. I noticed that something seems to be omitted: a mime type for this essentially new content type. Would it be useful to define a mime type for sieve-in-xml content and an associated file extension? For example, analogous to application/sieve and the .siv/.sieve extension, the XML variant could be specified as application/sieve+xml and with a .xsieve or perhaps a .sieve.xml file extension. I haven't seen any discussions about this on the mailing list.

But maybe I am just nitpicking, since I don't have a direct application/need for this myself. :)

Regards,

Stephan.