Re: [sieve] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-07.txt

2011-04-22 14:24:17
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-07.txt

This version has all the changes from WGLC comments, and is ready to
go to the IESG.

schema name from "ab" to "addrbook".  I have also made the other
changes listed below in my working copy (which will be -08).  I think
they shouldn't be controversial, but we thought they needed to be
passed by the working group for at least one or two "+1" nods.  Tony,
Ned, can you look at them and comment?

The URI reviews can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg01396.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/uri-review/current/msg01401.html

Murray, when you do your apps review, please note these changes.  If
you need a full version before -08 is posted, let me know separately
and I'll send it to you.

Barry

In section 2.5:
OLD
<    The "ab" URI scheme (in particular, the URI "ab:default"), defined in
<    Section 4.3 MUST be supported.  The mandatory-to-implement URI "ab:
<    default" gives access to the user's default address book (usually the
<    user's personal address book).
NEW
   The "addrbook" URI scheme (in particular, the reserved URI "addrbook:
   default"), defined in Section 4.3 MUST be supported.  The mandatory-
   to-implement URI "addrbook:default" gives access to the user's
   default address book (usually the user's personal address book).
   Note that these are URIs, subject to normal URI encoding rules,
   including percent-encoding.  The reserved name "default" MUST be
   considered case-insensitive after decoding.  That means that the
   following URIs are all equivalent:

      addrbook:default

      ADDRBOOK:DEFAULT

      aDdRbOOk:DeFauLt

      AddrBook:%44%65%66ault

    Address book names other than "default" MAY be case-sensitive,
    depending upon the implementation, so their case (after URI
    decoding) MUST be maintained.

At the end of Security Considerations, section 3:
NEW
   Applications SHOULD ensure appropriate restrictions are in place to
   protect sensitive information that might be revealed by "addrbook"
   URIs from access or modification by untrusted sources.

In "URI scheme semantics:" in section 4.3:
NEW
       The address book name (the "addrbook" element in the ABNF above)
       refers to a specifically named address book, as defined by the
       implementation.  A user might, for example, have access to a
       number of different address books, such as a personal one, a
       family one, a company one, and one for the town where the user
       lives.

       The extension information (the "extensions" element in the ABNF
       above) is available for use in future extensions.  It might allow
       for things such as dynamic subsets of an address book (for
       example, "addrbook:personal?name.contains=fred").  There are no
       extensions defined at this time.

In "Encoding considerations:" in section 4.3:
NEW
       In particular, note that implementations MUST properly implement
       URI processing, including percent-encoding.  Any comparisons,
       lookups, and so forth are done after all decoding of the URI.

In "Intended usage:" in section 4.3:
Remove the word "internally" in the first sentence, and add
"case-insensitive" in the second paragraph.

In "Interoperability considerations:" in section 4.3:
OLD
<        Applications are only REQUIRED to
<        support "ab:default".
NEW
       Applications are only REQUIRED to
       support "addrbook:default", where all cases and encodings of
       "default" are considered equivalent.  Address book names other