Re: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-notify-sip-message-05.txt

2011-09-09 17:23:40
On 9/7/11 10:20 AM, internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org wrote:

      Title           : Sieve Notification Mechanism: SIP MESSAGE

Some quick feedback.

Please expand "SIP" on first mention.

Section 2.7 states:

   Because it is impossible to tell in advance whether the notification
   recipient is online and able to receive a SIP MESSAGE...

What about SIP presence (RFC 3856)? Perhaps

   Because (absent use of SIP extensions such as [RFC3856]) it is
   impossible to tell in advance whether the notification
   recipient is online and able to receive a SIP MESSAGE...

Section 5 states:

   User agents that support the SIP MESSAGE request MUST implement end-
   to-end authentication, body integrity, and body confidentiality
   mechanisms.

As I understand it, that "MUST" actually is specified in RFC 3428, so
you might say:

   As required by [RFC3428], user agents that support the SIP MESSAGE
   request MUST implement end-to-end authentication, body integrity,
   and body confidentiality mechanisms.

That will make it clear to readers that this specification is not
describing a special usage of SIP message.

In Section 7, "draft-ietf-sieve-notify-xmpp" is RFC 5437.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/