[sieve] IPR issues

2012-01-26 10:42:30
Hi folks,
As I am sure you are aware IETF last calls on the sip-message and convert documents were re-issued in order to get IETF-wide feedback on the IPR issues. Much debate on this is going on on the IETF list and I have been approving messages to the SIEVE list coming from non-subscribers who are cross-posting, to make sure SIEVE WG can see some of that debate.

I think we really need SIEVE implementors to speak up on this issue at least in regard to whether these specifications can still be used as-is in products, or whether the current IPR terms would preclude that. I realize that probably means getting a formal legal review done, but chances are that is going to be needed regardless. Knowledge of this would help simplify the debate in terms of whether the current documents should be published at all, irrespective of any additional action on the part of the IETF on the actual failure in the IPR process.

So please, if possible, reply to the current thread on the second last call, and please make sure the IETF list is cc'd. Thanks.

--
Cyrus Daboo