Re: A proposal on identities

2004-04-19 01:12:24

BTW, it's come to our attention that some MTAs today insert additional
headers in the message whenever they forward mail. Postfix and qmail
apparently insert a header called Delivered-To and exim inserts an
Envelope-To header. Although these headers are not defined in RFC2822,
they seem to be in fairly widespread use. We could consider adding them
to the list of headers in step 2, after Resent-From and before Sender.

FYI, a default Exim configuration DOES NOT add an Envelope-To header, and
will (by default) remove it if present,
since this header should not be present in messages in transit.
( http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_44.html#IX2448 )
I'm sure you could consider any header added by mis-configured and
home-rolled MTA in your scheme, but I'm not sure how useful that would be.