RE: Unified SPF: block versus factored records for HELO and MTAMA ark scopes

2004-06-24 21:43:21

Even on a UNIX box there are good reasons to prefer a per thread model
to a per process model, process creation and teardown in UNIX is only
lightweight compared to other O/S.

Depends how big the process is.  Forking sendmail takes forever, but
qmail's server is small and snappy.  I realize that one can do threads on
Unix boxes, but I don't think that many MTAs actually do so.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor