Re: Problem scenarios for SPF vs CSV

2004-06-29 13:21:00

"Hector" == Hector Santos <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> writes:

    Hector> It wasn't too long when we started to see Local Domain
    Hector> Spoofs into our mail system once protected by DMP.

SPF works very well for protecting me from local domain spoofs, but I
think this is a red herring (as I _think_ you have concluded
yourself).

It is (IMHO) already perfectly acceptable for local policy to dictate
additional checks to validate mail that purports to be from local
domains.  You don't need any externally imposed specification in order
to allow you to do that.

Sure, MARID may well end up being useful as a mechanism for
diseminating local policy to your local MTAs, but I don't see that as
its objective...

    -roy