Re: CSV and STARTTLS

2004-06-30 18:56:27

On Jun 30, 2004, at 8:24 PM, Hector Santos wrote:
The only possible reason I can think of is because it usually means
exclusive arrangements which is already done with IP Relays tables or SMTP
AUTH accounts.   Any TLS security advantage is not guarantee between
multi-hop routes.

Not that I disagree with this observation, but couldn't it also apply to CSV since it is doing the same thing?

Or in other words, if it isn't worth it to authenticate via TLS because SMTP is a hop-by-hop protocol, why is CSV authentication more compelling?

-andy