A spammer subscribed to this list ?

2004-08-02 10:29:27

Hi there,

Interestingly enough, I have just received a "Nigerian Scam" sent to an
address of my domain which actually isn't an existing address, but a
Message-ID of a message I posted to this list (and only to this list) on
July, 29.

Interestingly, this Message-ID does not display on the IETF-mxcomp web
archive, so it hasn't been harvested from there. This is the concerned
message:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg02895.html

Which means that either a spammer is subscribed to this list and harvests
adresses from mails sent thru this list, or that, one way or the other, a
spammer put its hands on this message that I had sent here, full headers
included (as the "address" was gotten from there).

Here are the full headers of the Nigerian Scam I just received:

Note the Received... for.

<<<<<