RE: The real reason MARID won't work, RE: testing of MARID proposals

2004-08-06 15:08:01

[Gordon Fecyk]
But then we have the whole excessive DNS traffic problem again.

I haven't seen anyone present convincing evidence of "excessive DNS
traffic" when MX mechanisms are checked. Won't DNS caching will
completely eliminate any potential problem?

Where, exactly, are you seeing this excessive traffic in your systems?
What are the acutal numbers? Is it really a problem in practice, or is
it just a theoretical objection? In my (admittedly limited) tests with
SPFv1 almost all the MX and host records were already in my DNS cache.

Regards,
        Ryan