some other questions/comments

2004-08-23 16:53:53

These didn't make my cut for last call comments.

- US-ASCII requirement: internationalized DNS?

- If Verisign starts doing wildcard DNS again, does that have an impact
  on any of the mechanisms described in Sender-ID?  I can think of one:

  "... -exists:%{ir}.bl.somednsbl.org ~all"

  If Verisign redeploys wildcard DNS and somednsbl.org goes down (even
  temporarily!), then there are going to be more failures than there
  would have been without wildcard DNS.

  There may be others.

- It seems like it would be good to have more flexible exp modifiers.
  First, there are multiple reasons why a FAIL might happen, so I think
  exp: should be neither global nor singular.  Second, I can't think of
  any reason to also not allow exp: for all other results, even
  including PASS, although that would require additional syntax.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/