Re: TECH OMISSION: Stronger checks against email forgery

2004-08-29 11:57:03

Jim,

JL> 3. When the set of documents hits Proposed Standard, many of the
JL> legitimate specialized agents won't yet be in compliance.  But as a
JL> whole, it's a well-managed community that can move fairly quickly.

Without commenting on the rest of your proposal, I need to comment that
your estimate of adoption time is not matched by any Internet example of
the last 15 years.

When changing an existing service, adoption that reaches reasonable
utility within 3 years is lightening quick, and then it is ANOTHER 2-8
years before it is considered to be an integral part of "all" systems in
the service.

So if you are going to make a proposal that has any serious dependency
on adoption happening quicker than that, it would be very helpful if you
could explain what processes well ensure that rapidity.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>