The SSL license offer.

2004-09-02 12:57:15

"Hallam-Baker," == Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Hallam-Baker,> The patent is held by Netscape (AOL) and covers
    Hallam-Baker,> transport layer security. The terms are
    Hallam-Baker,> considerably more vague than in the SenderID
    Hallam-Baker,> case. Netscape does not promise to offer a
    Hallam-Baker,> sublicensable patent or even to offer reasonable or
    Hallam-Baker,> non discriminatory terms.

Hmm, I guess we won't be seeing STARTTLS support in OSS MTAs any time
soon then... :-)

     -roy