Re: In support of SenderID

2004-09-02 16:58:33

"Ryan Malayter" confused my by declaring:

I also support SenderID.

I do not believe the IP issues regarding the PRA algorithm are
unsolvable; either the MS license can be changed to facilitate OSS
deployment, or a nonincumbered algorithm with similar effectiveness
to PRA can be found and substitiuted.
<snip>

Er, Ryan,

This is the 'final call' on the tabled Sender-ID drafts.

The licence IS what Microsoft says it is, the algorithm IS the encumbered PRA.

The chairs have another three days or so in which to judge the concensus.

I can't work out if you for or against these specific drafts.

Chris Haynes