Re: Unencumbered Checking (was Re: DEPLOY: SPF/Sender ID support in Courier)

2004-09-03 02:54:32

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:01:38PM -0400,
 David H. Lynch Jr. <dhlii(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> wrote
 a message of 89 lines which said:

      Regardless of whether software should be patentable (or
business methods, or ...) and regardless of the fact that trivial
"improvements" should not be patentable no matter what. We live in a
world where they are.

"A world"? You mistake the United States of America for the World. In
Europe, software patents are currently illegal. (And frivolous/trivial
patents like the Microsoft patent we talk about are a good reason why
it should stay that way.)

See http://swpat.ffii.org/ for details.