Re: TECH: use fetchmail algorithm to select header address to verify

2004-09-06 22:10:46

In <413D2951(_dot_)3040300(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> Yakov Shafranovich
<research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> writes:

wayne wrote:
As a result of those discussions back in May, the co-chairs ruled that
we would focus on RFC2821 identities, and the charter says that
discussions of other identities would be ruled out of order.

And which exact RFC 2821 identity are we focusing on? Except for
SUBMITTER I don't see any other one.

Well, SUBMITTER is the explanation that Andy gave me (via personal
email) as to why SenderID and the PRA are 2821 identities.  That
explanation seemed strange to me, but there ya go.

The co-chair ruling on focusing on 2821 identities was posted here:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg01161.html

I've brought this subject up a couple of times before, for example at:
http://www.imc.org/ietf-mxcomp/mail-archive/msg02598.html

-wayne