Re: clarification on consensus call for compromise

2004-09-09 14:57:55

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 11:21, Andrew Newton wrote:
Under such a system, it would be up to the zone maintainer to determine
which scopes to provide data on.  It would be up to the MTA running
the check to determine which checks to run.

        Does the IPR really cover the syntax of the published record? I thought
the only significant IPR was the PRA algorithm itself, on the MTA side.
Why not just leave the IPR question only in the hands of the MTA folks,
and just let people publish their records unscoped?

        Would there be specific examples in which this would cause a terrible
problem?

        I think that would make deployment much easier.

        -Max
--
Maxwell Kanat-Alexander
2nd Level Tech Support Engineer, USA