Re: What the lawyers and suits think

2004-09-12 09:07:10

In <859B14CB-04BE-11D9-ACBD-000A95B3BA44(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> Andrew Newton
<andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us> writes:

While perhaps interesting, discussion of non-intersecting subcultures
is not relevant to this working group.

I disagree.  While Anne may require two hand count the lawyers with a
similar combination of being a geek, being a lawyer, and understanding
email, I need only one finger.

What Anne is explaining is basically what we need to do to help
deployment, which is quite relevant to this working group.  She is
explaing why people who want to stop phishing prefer the PRA over the
2821.MAILFROM even though the PRA protects the 2822.Resent-Sender:
header instead of the 2822.From: header in the critical case of actual
phishing.