Communication styles (was Re: I-D ACTION:draft-leibzon-responsible-submitter-00.txt (fwd) )

2004-10-11 07:00:16

Douglas Otis <dotis(_at_)mail-abuse(_dot_)org> wrote:
There was about a draft submitted as indicated by the subject line.  I
read this draft and made comments ...

  My message was clear that everyone understood you did that.  The
problem was when you appeared to be doing more.

[ EHLO && thread hijacking ]

This misses the points being made by suggesting this was about HELO
domain name checks.  An allowance for an open comparison of related
problems and solutions for these problems is appropriate.

  Then start a new thread which is intended to talk about open
comparisons.

Comments regarding suspected motives is inappropriate and do not
dismiss the substance of these concerns.

  There was no attempt to dismiss the substance of your concerns.
There were attempts to get you to realize that threads allegedly about
a topic should remain on that topic, or should change the subject
line.  (As has been done here)

 This forum, if earnest in endeavor, should address, support,
defend, or explain the basis for critical decisions.

  This can be done without turning any topic to EHLO checking.

Thank you for your advise.  I know I must remain guarded.

  I do not ask you to remain guarded.  I ask you to expose any and all
flaws in proposals.  This exposure does not require repeated
statements as to the benefits of other proposals.

  Alan DeKok.