Redirected Trace header draft (was Processed-By or Transmitted-By header concept)

2004-11-02 14:28:52

I would like to receive comments and open discusion on the following
document which I expect to publish as Internet Draft after the IETF
meeting in Washington

http://www.elan.net/~william/emailsecurity/draft-leibzon-emailredirection-traceheaders-00pre02.txt

The draft describes concept that we right now refer to as automated forwarding
by new name email "redirection" (along same lines it refers to mail systems
that do the this forwarding as "Mail Redirection Agents" aka MRA) and
describes "Redirected:" header (which I previously was going to call
Processed-By) for purposes of tracking when redirection takes place and
providing information on what changes are done there to SMTP 2821
parameters and SMTP 2822 headers during redirection process.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks