Re: draft-schlitt-spf-classic-01.txt

2005-06-01 11:21:08

"william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> wrote:
I think what you're trying to argue here that when domain owner is using
shared MTA that does not have strong policies in regards to its network
than it may become target of abuse and abusers may choose to use other
domains maintained by that MTA at random,

  If an MTA is shared, the reputation would seem to be shared, too.
That's life.

  We could require that abuse of a shared MTA by one domain not affect
the reputation of another domain also at that MTA.  But we can't use
the HELO field as part of a solution to meet that requirement, as the
only information it presents is the name of the shared MTA.

  If the *message* is authenticated, and not the *transport* layer,
then it doesn't matter how the message is transported.  But that's
another issue...

  Alan DeKok.