Re:

1997-08-25 10:16:32
From: "David Gaon" <gaond(_at_)ncr(_dot_)disa(_dot_)mil>
     >>>1. mandatory support for strong, open and unencumbered
     >>>cryptographic algorithms.  Other algorithms may be optionally
     >>>specified, but will >>not be required for conformance.

     I disagree - There MUST NOT be any mandatory requirements for
     algorithms, keys, ...

Welcome to the IETF.  We do not do things this way.

     If they h ave compoatible capabilities, they will correspond,  if they
     do not, tough luck.

The IETF requires _interoperable_ implementations for its Standards
Process.  That means we need to specify mandatory algorithms that all
conformant implementations will use.

WSimpson(_at_)UMich(_dot_)edu
BSimpson(_at_)MorningStar(_dot_)com