Re: PGP CAKware & IETF controlled Open-PGP standard

1997-10-10 14:53:31
I am adamantly opposed to any of PGP's business features being MUST
features of OpenPGP. If they were, then our freeware and personal privacy
products wouldn't be conforming applications, and we have *no* intention of
putting them in those products. Wouldn't that be an interesting situation?

I am strongly opposed the business features being SHOULD features. If I
were the only one arguing against them being SHOULD features, I'd make my
opposition clear and then shut up.

I am in favor of them being MAY features, along with a big section on
polite use.

        Jon

-----
Jon Callas                                         jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com
Chief Scientist                                    555 Twin Dolphin Drive
Pretty Good Privacy, Inc.                          Suite 570
(415) 596-1960                                     Redwood Shores, CA 94065
Fingerprints: D1EC 3C51 FCB1 67F8 4345 4A04 7DF9 C2E6 F129 27A9 (DSS)
              665B 797F 37D1 C240 53AC 6D87 3A60 4628           (RSA)