Re: CART before the HORSE

1997-10-31 07:43:47

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997, David P. Kemp wrote:

If compatibility with pgp2.6, etc, is a MUST, then RSA is a MUST.  Is
this acceptable?  Have we already made a decision on RSA, or has the
IETF already pronounced (via the S/MIME group) a leaning on this?

The TLS group has decided that there is only one MUST algorithm,
DSA/DH/3DES, despite the fact that nearly 100% of the installed base
of SSL currently uses RSA/RC4.

  We have chosen the exactly same MUST algorithms in IETF-SecSh work
  (see draft-ietf-secsh-transport-02.txt).

- mj

Markku-Juhani O. Saarinen <mjos(_at_)ssh(_dot_)fi>, SSH Communications Security
Ltd