Re: specifying

1997-11-10 11:58:07
At 03:20 PM 11/8/97 -0500, Robert Guerra wrote:
   I'd like to know if the new draft includes a provision that which allows
   the creator of a key to specify which algorythym he prefers senders to use.

   For example, will there be a way to specify that the users using (public)
   key A encrypt messages using algo. X?

   Perhaps this might be included in the self-signature section?

Yes, that is there, and in the self-signature, just like you suggest. There
are also preferences for other things, too, like what your preferred
compression is (particularly if you want things uncompressed). Some of the
preferences are controversial, and I have some notes describing the
controversy.

        Jon

-----
Jon Callas                                  jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com
Chief Scientist                             555 Twin Dolphin Drive
Pretty Good Privacy, Inc.                   Suite 570
(415) 596-1960                              Redwood Shores, CA 94065
Fingerprints: D1EC 3C51 FCB1 67F8 4345 4A04 7DF9 C2E6 F129 27A9 (DSS)
              665B 797F 37D1 C240 53AC 6D87 3A60 4628           (RSA)