Re: Long term contracts

1997-11-27 11:11:35
At 05:24 PM 11/27/97 +0000, Ian Grigg wrote:
Ian:
 Ian Grigg's point in favour of armour is that clearsigned documents are
(I think it can be hacked into the MIME format, but thinking about it,
there is more to it than that.)

I assume that 'clearsigned' means the text is kept in the clear?

That is exactly the purpose behind multipart/signed.

There is no 'hacking' needed. The MIME mechanism is already supplied.
S/MIME uses is.

d/
Dave Crocker
dcrocker(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Internet Mail Consortium                               +1 408 246 8253
675 Spruce Dr.                                    fax: +1 408 249 6205
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA              info(_at_)imc(_dot_)org ,
http://www.imc.org