announcing E-CARM, a new mailing list

1998-02-04 08:34:21
Our apologies for any cross posting, but we are anxious to get the word
out asap :)

discussion forum where we can:

        * debate (non) technical, administrative and managerial issues
          pertaining to: secure transactions, competing rights management
          models (e.g. ECMS, PICS, certificates, FIRM, etc.), evolving
          standards, supporting technologies and other approaches for
          enabling electronic commerce;
        * inform each other about upcoming conferences, workshops, etc.
        * point to online papers, resources/links, new apps, web
          sites, etc.
        * identify the critical factors relevant to design, development
          and implementation of a rights management infrastructure;
        * raise questions, share problems, relate concerns;
        * share success/horror stories;
        * and much, much more ...

If you are interested in subscribing to this list, please send a message
to:

<listproc(_at_)lists(_dot_)fsu(_dot_)edu>

with the following line in body of the message (NOT the subject):

subscribe e-carm "FirstName LastName" (without the quotation marks)

and after you are notified that you have been subbed, we would ask that
you send a short note to the list, briefly introducing yourself and your
interests in e-commerce and rights management so that we can begin to come
together as a community of shared interest(s).

E-CARM is intended to be a member-driven, open, collaborative mailing
list. However, its success in creating a viable on-line forum will
depend on individual contributions. As a step in this direction, we
encourage you to share this announcement with other mailing lists or
anyone who may be interested in getting involved.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on E-CARM,

Judie Mulholland
Rajiv Kaushik

List Moderators