Draft, Algorithm, and packet updates

1998-03-10 22:08:56
I got the answer I needed for Blowfish, I've specified it at 128 bits, 16
rounds. It appears no further EC definition is needed.

David Formosa has said he's writing up a ROT-N description for me.

I still don't have any other algorithm questions resolved (notably Haval).
They don't have to be resolved now, but when I create the "final call"
draft (after LA but it is to be hoped soon after), algorithms with
unresolved questions are just going to be dropped. So what this means is
that if you care about some algorithm, I need your help, and if you don't
help, it means you don't care.

It appears that there's consensus that non-text ids are a good thing, but
there are questions about the exact syntax of them. So I'm not putting
anything in this draft, but I'm expecting we can get the details in for a
draft thereafter.

I'll be editing up the last few things tonight, and will send it to our
working group chair tomorrow for official blessing. Do people want me to
send it directly here just to get it in everyone's hands sooner?

        Jon

-----
Jon Callas                                  jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com
CTO, Total Network Security                 4200 Bohannon Drive
Network Associates, Inc.                    Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 473-2860
Fingerprints: D1EC 3C51 FCB1 67F8 4345 4A04 7DF9 C2E6 F129 27A9 (DSS)
              665B 797F 37D1 C240 53AC 6D87 3A60 4628           (RSA)