Re: Plaintext, symmertric algorithm 0 (9.2)?

1998-03-22 20:07:21

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Anonymous wrote:

-> We should probably keep this on the OpenPGP mailing list, so as not

 Sure. Just a typo on my part. I did forward my mail to the OpenPGP list
after sending it to you -- alas, I made a typo in the address, so I resent
it a couple of minutes ago.

-> symmetrically-encrypted data packets (Sec. 5.7).  The clear-signed mode
-> you refer to is disjoint from these (Sec. 7) and is not affected by choice
-> of encryption algorithms.  If one of the warriors to whom you refer thought
-> she was sending an encrypted message, but it was encrypted with one of
-> these two algorithms (Plaintext or Rot-N), she would be in deep trouble.

 Right you are. I just wanted to point out that there should be a method of
specifying 'no encrypted mail, please'. Granted, just use a sign-only key
with no encryption sub key should solve the issue, so it's probably not
worth too much bothering.

--
Christopher Creutzig # Im Samtfelde 19 # D-33098 Paderborn # V+49-5251-71873