Re: Specs & Planks

1998-05-20 14:29:43
At 01:06 PM 5/20/98 -0700, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
   Jon:

   If you want, you can send me the diff file whenever you feel like it and I
   can put it on the WG home page.

Thanks, Paul.

I have a question though -- how useful would diffs be, or should I just put
out another draft, say late next week (or even late this week)? Right now,
we have the cluster I did yesterday, and a couple now. I'm doing a
spell/grammar check which has gotten a few typos, a few misplaced commas, a
few awkward sentences I feel I must reword, and a number of 'which's that
should be 'that's.

Also, would it be better to make the diffs on the source document (which is
in a markup language) or the resultant? The resultant will have false
differences the first time a page break changes, but the source doesn't
have things like section numbers in it.

This is why it might just be better to put out another draft.

        Jon

-----
Jon Callas                                  jon(_at_)pgp(_dot_)com
CTO, Total Network Security                 3965 Freedom Circle
Network Associates, Inc.                    Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 346-5860
Fingerprints: D1EC 3C51 FCB1 67F8 4345 4A04 7DF9 C2E6 F129 27A9 (DSS)
              665B 797F 37D1 C240 53AC 6D87 3A60 4628           (RSA)