Text on PGP directory requirements

1999-03-16 12:14:50

Hi folks,

Since pgp-directory(_at_)dante(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk has been quiet since the
December IETF
meeting, I thought providing a text as a basis for discussion would be a
Good Thing. The text gives arguments for the importance of a directory
storage model for PGP public keys and states the requirements for such a
model.
The arguments I put forward are a bit provocative to promote discussion.

Sorry for crossposting this to ietf-open-pgp and pgp-keyserver-folks, but I
wanted to invite the members of these lists to the discussion as well.
Since the to be writen ID is supposed to be discussed on the openPGP list
anyway  and since the here attached document discusses the need for a third
generation of PGP keyserver, I considered it appropriate to crosspost. The
discussion should IMO take place on the dedicated mailinglist pgp-directory
though.

Any comments are welcome.

Cheers,
Peter

       * *      Karl-Peter Gietz   -   Applications Engineer
     *    *
    *           Francis House
Peter(_dot_)Gietz(_at_)dante(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk
   *            112 Hills Road           Tel +44 1223 302992
   *            Cambridge CB2 1PQ        Fax +44 1223 303005
D A N T E       United Kingdom      WWW http://www.dante.net